Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Summer time 2015

Hi I am sure everyone has enjoyed this summer so far. I know I have kept busy and haven't been writing much. Time to play catch up. Last time I wrote I did not include that I had entered Nordic Needle's Hardanger Design Contest. It was my second entry and I managed a Honourable Mention. I was very proud. I created a needle case. Today, they returned the needle case with a copy of my write up that is in the book and a rosette.
Cross Stitch and Needlework magazine have posted a few photos of the Fall 2015 issue. I made the cover. In the spring, they asked to do an article on me, so that is also in there. it comes out soon. Can't wait to see it in print!
This summer I have also had the chance to try some quilting....a lot of fun when you have the right person with you... I have also tried crayon tinting. I really like this as I can control where the colour goes. I can also recreate the look of cards that I make. I am working on a couple things using crayon tiniting - we'll see how they turn out. Here is one of my first attempts:
Enjoy the rest of your summer! Happy Stitching! Kim

4 comments:

  1. Love your needlecase in the Fall 2015 issue of Cross Stitch & Needlework, Is it
    available for sale?

    Thanks

    Lisa Barker

    ReplyDelete
  2. The magazine has been out for a bit now. The pattern includes the scissor fob, needle case and pin cushion. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,

    Thank-you for reply. I don't think I phrased my question very well. The pattern I was looking for was the sewing case with the Hardanger Heart on it.
    Is that pattern for sale?

    Thanks

    Lisa Barker

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi
    Sorry about that.

    The needlecase is in Nordic Needle's Hardanger designs booklet that came out in July. Roz has done a nice job with instructions and chart. I would contact them.

    ReplyDelete